Currently, the main aims of our society’s activities are the development of a collection of historic public transport vehicles and the aspiration to create a municipal transport museum in Wrocław.
Our collection presently includes twenty-three unique vehicles:
- Lorry, manufactured 1907, ex. #G-5487 MPK Wrocław;
- tram Linke-Hofmann Standard, manufactured 1929, ex. #1192 MPK Wrocław;
- tram Konstal N, manufactured 1949, ex. #1332 MPK Wrocław;
- tram Konstal N, manufactured 1956, ex. #1412 MPK Wrocław;
- tram Konstal 4N1, manufactured 1960, ex. #1444/G-069 MPK Wrocław;
- tram Konstal 4N1, snow plough, manufactured 1960/1988, ex. ZK-T 126 Zakład Torowy Wrocław;
- tram Konstal 102Na, manufactured 1972, ex. #2069 MPK Wrocław;
- Social bus Jelcz 080, manufactured 1980, ex. PRD Gniezno (jeden z zaledwie dwóch zachowanych);
- bus trailer Jelcz P-080, manufactured 1980;
- suburban bus Ikarus 260.32, manufactured 1986, #3932;
- tram Konstal 105Na, manufactured 1985, #2566 i 2567, ex. MPK Częstochowa;
- city bus Jelcz PR110M, manufactured 1987;
- suburban bus Ikarus 260.43, manufactured 1987, ex. JSZ-370 Szabolcs Volan;
- suburban bus Jelcz L-11, manufactured 1989, ex. #X-90523 PKS Dzierżoniów (pierwszy zachowany tej serii);
- city bus Jelcz M-11, manufactured 1990, ex. #272 KM Głogów;
- articulated suburban bus Ikarus 280.17, manufactured 1990, #3935;
- articulated suburban bus Ikarus 280.70E, manufactured 1995, ex. #5320 MPK Wrocław;
- city bus Jelcz M121MB, manufactured 1996, #110.;
- Replica of the MPK Wrocław Accident Committee emergency car based on the Polonez Caro, manufactured 1996, #1258;
- Replica of the MPK Wrocław technical emergency service based on Lublin II, manufactured 1997, #1274.
We are trying to revert our vehicles to past splendor. We have succeeded with cars Konstal N, 4N1, 102Na and majority of buses.
As we are constantly looking for other unique vehicles that we believe are particularly worth preserving, it is possible that our fleet of vehicles will grow even more. We are interested in both bus and tram rolling stock, especially related to the history of Wrocław.
As part of preparations for the creation of the public transport museum, we collect various artefacts related to that topic. Our collection includes old tickets or timetables, archival photographs or items related to the history of transport carriers (e.g. elements of old uniforms). The most important things that we have already managed to preserve for the planned museum include:
- historical elements of the bus station equipment dismantled as a result of the liquidation of the infrastructure, including timetable from the Dzierżoniów station or the letters “dworzec autobusowy” (bus station) which for years decorated the station in Ząbkowice Śląskie;
- archival ticket collections, including one of the largest ones dedicated to the Dzierżoniów bus network;
- a collection of archival and contemporary photos of public transport vehicles taken by members of the Club;
- a collection of literature on topics related to transport, including some old timetables;
- a collection of vehicle equipment, such as validators or old directional signs, being inherent elements accompanying tram and bus passengers.
In the case of our projects, we count for support of local authorities and sponsors. Any help is of great importance to us.