The Konstal N tram with rolling stock number 1332 is a two-axle motor passenger car. It was initially bi-directional but in the middle of 1960s it was rebuilt to a one-direction car. It was produced in 1949 and originally intended for Warsaw. It came to Wrocław together with a batch of other wagons of this type transferred in 1964–1969 (it was 57 motorcars and 105 trailer cars). In the 1990s (mainly in 1993) it was restored by the Towarzystwo Miłośników Komunikacji Miejskiej (TMKM, Society of City Transport Enthusiasts) for the celebration of the 100 th anniversary of electric trams in Wrocław. It was then restored to its external appearance from the declining exploitation period of this type of trams (1980s). However, the interior was given historical features referring to the condition of the car before modernisation (before 1960s). At the beginning of the 21 st century, it was used for several years by the Towarzystwo Miłośników Wrocławia (TMW, Society of Wrocław Enthusiasts) on the Heritage Tram Line as a replacement vehicle. After the legal and technical problems came to light, it was put away and remained unused for about a decade.
As a result of the modifications carried out in the 1970s, the tram with the inventory number 1332 is now a one-way car, equipped with two 60 kW engines, OTK-1 pantograph, two Albert type couplings, electrodynamic, mechanical (block) and electromagnetic (slipper) brakes and two sand- sprayers (in front of the first axle). The outer walls are cream and blue (the line dividing the colours is the same as the lower line of the windows), the chassis is black, the roof and the pantograph – grey.
Two pairs of doors, sliding sideways, are opened electrically from the driver’s station. The interior consists of two platforms (front and rear) and a slightly higher passenger compartment with 12 seats linked in six pairs. The seats are made of narrow boards mounted on a metal frame. In case of four outer seats their lower part can be lifted, which provides access to the sand-sprayers located under them (the rear sand-sprayers have been removed, but the tilted seats have been retained, which is evidence of the original bidirectional nature of the car). The interior is decorated in beige, brown, cream and grey colours. The internal wall areas and the ceiling are covered with painted or veneered fibreboard (wet bent on the ceiling). Two windows in the passenger compartment (one on each side, exactly in the centre of the wagon) can be opened, while the other windows do not open. All class windows (six pieces, three on each side) are split, unlike all the windows on the platforms. The four windows on the sides of the door have (or should have) double glazing, between which the opening door slides. On the front platform there is a driver’s station with control panel, handbrake, sand-sprayers lever and electric switch panel with fuses. On the rear platform there is a box with a converter, a range of fuses and contactors.
The tram is in fairly good condition, especially aesthetically. Ultimately, the appearance of the vehicle should be standardised, as it now represents the end-of-exploitation condition from the outside (end of the 1980s), while the interior refers rather to its beginnings, though, of course, after the modification to a one-way wagon (1960s). We plan to restore the appearance from the period immediately after the reconstruction in the 1960s/1970s.
|Total number of passengers||75|
|Number of seats||12|
|Netto weight||13500 kg|
|Engine power||2 x 60kW|